Here is a skirt I made last spring that I finished just a bit before my birthday. The pattern is Butterick 5285, I sewed up view B with the pleats. Cut a size 12 but I should have cut a size 10 as it’s a bit loose around the waist. The fabric is a cotton voile I bought from Dressew which I’ve lined with black acetate. I’ve worn it a bajillion time already as it is just lovely. And it has pockets!
This is a lovely and simple pattern to work with. I will definitely be using it again some time. The only thing about it that is a bit troublesome is that the pattern utilizes a fair amount of fabric for a skirt pattern so that you can only purchase fabric that is in the 150cm width range. The back of the pattern envelope does not give you an option for 115cm fabric widths.
Outfit details: Blouse from Urban Behaviour, green wedge shoes from Ruche!
I am hoping to start blogging weekly or biweekly again! Probably biweekly now as I keep re-evaluating how much blogging I really care to do in my schedule and I have night classes on Fridays for the next 7 weeks. I keep losing the habit as it’s a bit of work taking photos, going through the photos, doing possible retouches in terms of lighting, and then writing a post. Also, the summer was just so hectic, I spent a lot of time frolicking in the sun rather than cooped up inside my baking 3rd floor apartment that faces south.
I might need to find a better spot in or outside my apartment for photo taking. Still not satisfied with the type of photos I am getting. It’s all a lighting challenge!
If you’re wondering what happened to that yellow polka dot project I was working on…well I’m still working on it. I have to turn the dress into a skirt now as I botched the bodice. D’oh! Everything is a learning process.